Scope of the E&T Workgroup:
The specific area of interest of the E&T WG is the promotion and support of E&T in the scientific areas that underpin research into the risks to human health from low dose and low dose-rate ionising radiation. In this way, it is supporting the purpose of MELODI of coordinating and building long term competence following its statutes and Strategic Research Agenda (SRA).
Objectives of the E&T Workgroup:
The WG will seek to identify, support, foster and promote E&T initiatives at all levels –
- entry level for attracting new students
- graduate and post-graduate for helping students in a research career
- young scientist assistance and networking
- continuing professional development of career scientists in the area of low-dose research.
Indirectly, it will aim to
- provide a forum of discussion on E&T related activities amongst the signatory member organisations of MELODI and external stakeholders
- raise the public awareness on effects and risks to human health associated with low-dose and low-dose rate exposures to ionizing radiation
- promote careers in low dose research
|Siamak Hagdoost (chair)||Stockholm University||Sweden|
|Liz Ainsbury (vice Chair)||Public Health England||UK|
|Tom Clarijs (secretary)||SCK CEN||Belgium|
View the latest documents:
- Link to the terms of reference of the E&T Workgroup.
- Link to the Strategic Agenda of the E&T Workgroup.